Custom Speed Increaser Solutions
But if one of these existing pre-designed units doesn’t fit what you need, then the Cotta engineering team will create a custom speed increaser solution specifically for your application. Cotta engineers have experience designing specialized speed increasers for numerous requirements with multiple options, including:
- flywheel couplings including over-center clutches, air clutches, drive plates and torsional couplings
- SAE housings from 00 to 5 for minimum installation space, and remote mounting is available
- stress-relieved steel fabrications are used for custom cases, in place of our standard cast iron
- standard keyed stub output shaft with a variety of options for length, style and position
- lube pump and heat exchanger provided, if required
Cotta speed increasers require rear supports and are designed to be driven clockwise facing the input shaft. For us to recommend a speed increaser, Cotta will need information such as:
- input speed
- ideal output speed
- flywheel housing size
- flywheel connection requirement
- direction of rotation
- type of driven equipment
We specialize in providing our customers with engineered gearbox solutions.
Cotta. It’s Your Gearbox.
Made in the USA For Over 100 Years!
Cotta’s reputation of manufacturing the highest-quality transmission gearboxes in the USA for more than 100 years is also represented in our extensive line of speed increasers. Cotta engine-mounted speed increasers raise the engine speed to driven equipment speed, allowing both the engine and the load to operate at ideal speed and efficiency. These heavy-duty transmissions, designed for use with modern commercial engines from major OEMs, are used extensively where diesel engines are replacing electric motors. Typical high-performance applications for our speed increasers are for pumps, generators, rock crushers, compressors, blenders, drills and chippers. All Cotta products are built to withstand the daily grind of prolonged operation, to work in the most extreme of environmental conditions.