Custom Speed Reducer Solutions
But if one of these existing pre-designed units doesn’t fit what you need, then the Cotta engineering team will create a custom speed reducer solution specifically for your application. Cotta engineers have experience designing specialized speed reducers for numerous requirements with multiple options, including:
- flywheel couplings including over-center clutches, air clutches, drive plates and torsional couplings
- SAE housings from 00 to 5 for minimum installation space, and remote mounting is available
- stress-relieved steel fabrications are used for custom cases, in place of our standard cast iron
- standard keyed stub output shaft with a variety of options for length, style and position
- lube pump and heat exchanger provided, if required
- side-load capabilities are available
Cotta speed reducers require rear supports and are designed to be driven clockwise facing the input shaft. For us to recommend a speed reducer, Cotta will need information such as:
- input speed
- ideal output speed
- flywheel housing size
- flywheel connection requirement
- direction of rotation
- type of driven equipment
We specialize in providing our customers with engineered gearbox solutions.
Cotta. It’s Your Gearbox.
Made in the USA For Over 100 Years!
Cotta’s long tradition of manufacturing the highest-quality transmission gearboxes, made in the USA for over 100 years, is exemplified in our extensive line of speed reducers. Cotta speed reducers match engine speed to driven equipment speed, allowing both the engine and the load to operate at peak efficiency. These compact, heavy-duty transmissions are designed for use with modern commercial diesel engines from major OEMs.
Typical high-performance applications for our speed reducers are for pumps, generators, rock crushers, compressors, blenders and chippers, and our side-load speed reducers fit many belt-driven applications as well. All Cotta products are built to withstand the daily grind of prolonged operation, to work in the most extreme of environmental conditions.