The Senior Buyer is a key member of the purchasing team and is responsible to, validate, communicate, and implement sourcing strategies for Cotta Transmission Company LLC. The Senior Buyer will be responsible for learning company purchasing policies and procedures, while maintaining inventory levels required for effective company operation, conducting regular price comparisons to ensure that the company is always getting the best TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) for each product purchased.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain strong working relationships with suppliers
- Prepares and executes negotiations seeking TCO contracts and beneficial commercial agreements with suppliers
- Issues bid requirements, selects suppliers, and places PO’s in accordance with company policies
- Develops ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance, and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Monitor market trends, negotiate contracts, improve costs (and deliver agreed savings targets)
- Review opportunities to achieve target savings utilizing negotiations and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Develop new supplier sources
- Reduce purchased material lead-time through active management of supply base.
- Perform BOM pricing exercises for the sales department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field required and a minimum of 5 years professional purchasing experience. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve problems involving several variables in standardized situations. Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to calculate discounts and percentages
- Must be able to calculate accurate cost savings for goods and services
- Must have the ability to work in or lead cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of MRP Systems, Internet software; Order processing systems; Microsoft Office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word)
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Travel – approximately 5% domestic and international as required
No VISA sponsorship nor Relocation Assistance available for this position.
In addition to being part of an amazing Cotta team, benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K, paid time off, health savings account, flexible spending account
Please send resumes, and any other employment inquiries, to firstname.lastname@example.org.