Cotta recently designed and built this new High-Speed Gearbox Model SN2285 for testing use on aerospace products by a customer in the Indianapolis, IN area. Our Model SN2285 is a foot-mounted, single increasing stage, single output, high-speed gearbox that is designed for test stand use. This model comes standard with a double-keyed stub input shaft and an aerospace output mounting pad. The input can be driven clockwise or counterclockwise, with the output rotating in opposite direction to the input. Due to its compact size, this gearbox is designed to operate with a remote lube supply.
Model Series SN2285 High-Speed Gearbox Specifications:
- Nominal Power of 150 hp at 70,000 rpm
- Max Output Speed of 85,000 rpm
- Ratios of 5:1 or 6:1 overspeed; other ratios are available
- Max Accel / Decel Rate of 2,000 rpm/sec at output
- Approximate Weight of 300 lbs.
For more information about Cotta SN2285 and other high-speed gearboxes in our line, visit our HSG products page.